Master Sikes first aid?

Herbs for dit da jow (bruises), medicine internal and external, food therapy, etc...
andy
First Message Posted
First Message Posted

Master Sikes first aid?

Post by andy »

Hi,

{A long time ago 1973 or 1974} I was kicked very hard in the shin during a match in a karate tournament in Albequerque N.M. My opponents kick was very good and I was in excruciating pain but somehow managed to win the match to the satisfaction of the Karate judges. Later, as I was hobbling around and boarding the bus home, Master Sikes must have noticed me limping and applied something from a wine bottle onto my shin. I fell asleep during the long ride home to Las Vegas and when I awoke the pain was gone. My leg felt almost completely recovered. Could this be the Dit Da Jow that is referred to in this forum. If not anyone have a guess?

Best always,

Andy
kungfujoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Master Sikes first aid?

Post by kungfujoe »

andy wrote:{A long time ago 1973 or 1974} I was kicked very hard in the shin during a match in a karate tournament in Albequerque N.M. My opponents kick was very good and I was in excruciating pain but somehow managed to win the match to the satisfaction of the Karate judges. Later, as I was hobbling around and boarding the bus home, Master Sikes must have noticed me limping and applied something from a wine bottle onto my shin. I fell asleep during the long ride home to Las Vegas and when I awoke the pain was gone. My leg felt almost completely recovered. Could this be the Dit Da Jow that is referred to in this forum. If not anyone have a guess?
That'd be my guess (Dit Da Jow is used for bruises and bone injuries). However, healing literally overnight? I'm a bit skeptical of any topical medicine being that effective, and suspect that a larger part of the recovery may have been due to the injury not being as bad as you initially thought. Generally, Dit Da Jow (all of the kinds I've used or seen people use) will make your bruises heal a bit more quickly, or possibly prevent less severe bruises from appearing, but I've never seen (or hear credible claims of) jow healing bruises literally over night.

On the other hand, if it truly is possible, someone is missing an opportunity to help a lot of people and make more money than they'd ever have any idea what to do with. ;)
Erik Harris
Chinese-Indonesian Martial Arts Club

"A man's not a man when he takes the lower road,
Dragging his tail to cover his tracks" -dTb