Cipecut

a forum for discussing the Silat and Poekoelan systems found within Reeders' arts

Moderators: kungfujoe, Sifu Guro Dan Donzella

Sifu Guro Dan Donzella

cipecut

Post by Sifu Guro Dan Donzella »

Cipecut translates to "whipping" but as a flexible weapon such as a bull whip,rope scarf sarong etc. I teach the sarong a little but more on practical use's such as a business tie, rope, scarf. More common for todays use but just as effective. Sifu donzella
Sifu Guro Dan Donzella

Most likey the motion of the whip,whether a weapon or a hand relates very much. Imagine losing your whip weapon and having the same effect empty hand,"awesome". Sifu dan
munkman
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by munkman »

Is this related to Guy Savelli's mysterious "whip" technique? I've heard about this from several of his students.
In movement, be as swift as the wind; In slow marches, be as majestic as the forest; In raiding and plundering, be as fierce as fire; In defence, be as firm as mountains; In camoflage, be as impenetrable as darkness; When striking, be as overwhelming as thunderbolts.
Sun Tzu
kungfujoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kungfujoe »

munkman wrote:Is this related to Guy Savelli's mysterious "whip" technique? I've heard about this from several of his students.
Mysterious? Whipping technique is a central theme in our art, and it's quite common in other arts, as well. I'd say it's definitely related, but I'm not sure that the air of mystery is appropriate. :)
Erik Harris
Chinese-Indonesian Martial Arts Club

"A man's not a man when he takes the lower road,
Dragging his tail to cover his tracks" -dTb
munkman
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by munkman »

Well I guess so... lol thanx... whipping is something I practice quite often. :)

One way I learned from my sifu was to hang newspaper and whip it until your able to rip it then double up the paper, so on and so forth to gain speed and velocity which probably means the same thing :D

Thanx and Laters
In movement, be as swift as the wind; In slow marches, be as majestic as the forest; In raiding and plundering, be as fierce as fire; In defence, be as firm as mountains; In camoflage, be as impenetrable as darkness; When striking, be as overwhelming as thunderbolts.
Sun Tzu
Jerry Martin
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by Jerry Martin »

When using whips, it's generally not a good idea to look at your target (this goes along well with the conversations we've been having on Peripheral Vision) because they have a nasty tendency to hit you in your own eye. OOOPS!

Think of your shoulder as the "holster" for your whip and always bring it back there in addition to not looking at the target and you have a good base to start from.

Sifu Dan has a lot of good training drills for this type of stuff. I think I saw him mention a few of them in a different thread.

In peace, Jerry
"Before enlightenment ,I chopped wood and carried water. After enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water."

An old Zen proverb
Sifu Guro Dan Donzella

whip training

Advice, when whip training don't over do it, carpal tunnel is not fun. train smart!!!!! One funny story I got from Servideo and Young is Reeders didn't like to be taken to the ground in his later years , Servideo didn't undestand it then, but he does now. And i am joining the crowd. oh well. Sifu Dan