Weight training

Iron Palm, Iron Body, Hand/Body Conditioning of any kind
Jerry Martin
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by Jerry Martin »

Hi Mike,

I think this is why I like the Kettle Bells so much. Because they offer weighted resistance training similar to what you would find in combat.

You get the value of strength training in the way the we need it for Gung Fu.

There are also some great two man drills that work the same principle; ie, the Koala. This is a drill where one man stands braced in an open toed Horse Riding Stance and his partner climbs aboard. The "Koala" then has to circle around their partner without touching the ground. This requires incredible strength of arms and legs for both participants.

Another drill that works well is similar to the Koala. One person stands the same way as the Koala while the partner jumps on, wraps the legs around the waist and locks the ankles. Now begin doing crunches and alternate reaching behind the standing partners neck. This works abs and punches/grabs.

The standing partner in both drills really gets a great workout as well and has to focus on the foundation in order to stabilize themselves with the shifting of their partners weight.

Have fun with it.

Peace, Jerry
"Before enlightenment ,I chopped wood and carried water. After enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water."

An old Zen proverb
Jerry Martin
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by Jerry Martin »

Hey now! This is a family forum. Let's keep the marital relations out of it and stick to the training.

{;0)

Were you planning on attending Mr. Joe's seminar next Saturday?

Peace, Jerry
"Before enlightenment ,I chopped wood and carried water. After enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water."

An old Zen proverb
AbuSana'
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by AbuSana' »

:lol: :lol: :lol: