Seminar in Alexandria, VA - January 6th, 2007

A place to post upcoming events.
kungfujoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seminar in Alexandria, VA - January 6th, 2007

Post by kungfujoe »

Mr. Joe Salomone will be visiting Northern Virginia to offer a four-hour seminar on the arts of Great Grandmaster Willem Reeders.

When:
Saturday, January 6<sup>th</sup>, 2007
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Where:
Lee District RECenter
6601 Telegraph Rd
Alexandria, VA

Cost:
$40 per person
Register with the Lee District RECenter after December 26th ? specify "Kung Fu / Silat Seminar" and registration code C-FIT.

For more information, visit the Chinese-Indonesian Martial Arts Club web page.

This will most likely be followed by a seminar in Rochester, NY on Saturday, January 13<sup>th</sup>. Keep an eye on the Academy of Chinese-Indonesian Fighting Arts web page for further information.
Last edited by kungfujoe on December 19th, 2006, 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erik Harris
Chinese-Indonesian Martial Arts Club

"A man's not a man when he takes the lower road,
Dragging his tail to cover his tracks" -dTb
Jerry Martin
10+ Posts
10+ Posts

Post by Jerry Martin »

Hello Erik,

I heard a rumor that Mr. Salomone was coming back to Rochester in January and you seem to confim this it true.

I've checked Sifu George's website but didn't find any info. Is his trip to the Rock a definite?

If so, I'd love to attend.

I know Mr. Joe reads this forum so maybe he could confirm or deny?

In peace, Jerry
"Before enlightenment ,I chopped wood and carried water. After enlightenment, I chopped wood and carried water."

An old Zen proverb
kungfujoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kungfujoe »

Last time I spoke to him, he hadn't yet booked travel, but the dates are pretty much set. I know I've begun the process to reserve space for the seminar here in VA, and that his plan is to go to Rochester for some amount of time before coming down to VA either Friday night or Saturday morning. Given that he hasn't booked travel, I suppose it's entirely possible that this will change, but I don't think it's likely.
Erik Harris

kungfujoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kungfujoe »

Jerry,

Slight change in plans on Rochester. Mr. Salomone will be coming here to Alexandria first, and is currently playing it by ear as to whether he'll be going to Rochester from here. I'm sure that once it's decided, if he's going to do a seminar up in Rochester, Sifu George will announce it here or at www.acifa.net

You're certainly welcome to come down to VA and train with us, regardless. :)
Erik Harris

joesalomone
First Message Posted
First Message Posted

Re: Seminar in Alexandria, VA - January 6th, 2007

Post by joesalomone »

kungfujoe wrote:The payment details are not yet worked out, but I've just arranged for a seminar with Joe Salomone here in Alexandria, VA on Saturday, January 6<sup>th</sup>. I've reserved space from 11AM to 3PM. This will most likely be preceded by a seminar in Rochester, NY on Friday, January 5<sup>th</sup>.

I'll post more information once I have it, but if anyone is able to make it, but would need to arrange travel, I want to give as much advance notice as possible.
Greetings and Peace,
Plans have changed and I will be doing the Rochester seminar on the following saturday january 13th, 2007. I look forward to seeing anyone that can make it.
In Peace, Joe Salomone
kungfujoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kungfujoe »

The first post in this thread has been updated with finalized info on the Alexandria seminar.
Erik Harris